Storm Recovery Efforts

On May 25, a tornado caused widespread damage in Claremore late Saturday night into Sunday. You can find the latest updates on our community’s storm recovery efforts, including a list of FAQs and other helpful resources at

Animal Reporting

Claremore Animal Control has many responsibilities including:

  • Capturing and impounding stray animals
  • Enforcing leash laws and other animal control ordinances
  • Enforcing the impoundment of unvaccinated bite animals for rabies observation through a veterinary facility
  • Investigating and following up on calls and complaints involving neglect, cruelty, nuisance, and/or potentially dangerous/vicious animals
  • Promoting the adoption of animals and public education of healthy veterinary care
  • Issuing dog and cat licenses as required by City of Claremore

Reporting Issues

Please contact an Animal Control Officer at 918-341-1260 or the Police Department at 918-341-1212 to report the following issues:

  • Animal-inflicted injury
  • Animal welfare
  • Stray and wild animals

Animal-Inflicted Injury

Animal-inflicted injuries should be reported immediately. Information requested will include the address and location of where the animal can be found. Try to describe the breed, size, color and any distinct markings on the animal, where it may live and if it’s wearing a collar or tag. If possible, confine the animal first and then call the appropriate number. An Animal Control Officer will be dispatched to your location to complete an animal bite report.

Animal Welfare

If you believe an animal is being neglected, mistreated, abused, or otherwise not properly cared-for by its owner, immediately contact an animal control officer. You will need to provide the correct address, description of the animal(s), and details of the complaint in order for an animal control officer to properly handle the call.

At Large Animals and Wildlife

Pet owners in Claremore city limits are required to maintain full control of their pets either by leash or secure fencing. To report a stray or wild animal in the City of Claremore, call Animal Control at 918-341-1260 and provide the address and a description of the animal.