The Claremore Fire Department has proudly served our community for over 100 years. Beginning in 1907 with a horse-drawn pumper and a handful of dedicated volunteers, the department has evolved into a full-time professional organization with state-of-the-art equipment and the expertise to handle various emergencies.
The Claremore Fire Department currently has 47 full-time employees. There are 42 personnel assigned to three shifts of 14 personnel to provide continuous emergency service to the community.
The Claremore Fire Department serves as an emergency medical response agency providing non-transport emergency services. A majority of Claremore’s firefighters are certified as Registered Emergency Medical Technicians, with the remainder certified as Registered Intermediates and Paramedics.
Claremore firefighters operate across three stations located throughout the city.
Station 1 is attached to City Hall and was built in 1964 at the site of Claremore’s original fire station. The location houses a fire engine, a command vehicle, a wildland/brush unit, and a reserve fire engine.
Station 2 is located on Claremore’s west side and houses a fire engine, a medium rescue, and a wildland/brush unit.
Station 3 is near the industrial area of Claremore. This location and its adjacent storage building house a fire engine, a 2000-gallon water tanker, the department’s only aerial apparatus, and the Region 2 CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive) Unit.
The department averages a three-minute and 45-second response time within the city limits and has an Insurance Services Organization (ISO) rating of 2/2Y.
Fire Chief and Emergency Management Director
No burning of trash or yard debris is allowed in the City of Claremore’s corporate limits without approval from the Fire Marshal. Some exceptions may apply under special circumstances. For more information, contact the Fire Marshal’s office at 918-341-1477.
You can find current information on existing burn bans across Oklahoma here.Learn More