New Service

All new service requests must be made in person at the Utility Billing Office located in Claremore City Hall. The person requesting the service must provide a photo ID and proof of ownership or lease of the property for which they are requesting service.

Requests made before 2:00 p.m. will receive same-day connection service. Requests received after 2:00 p.m. will be connected on the next business day. A connection fee of $20 for electric and $10 for water will apply to all new commercial and residential accounts.


Deposits on new commercial accounts vary from a minimum of $250 to a maximum of $1,000 depending on average billing history.

The Utility Office recommends that you call 918-341-0456 to determine your deposit amount before signing up for service. The deposit may be waived if an irrevocable letter of credit from your banking institution is provided for the sum of the said deposit.

The business holder or their authorized signer must provide evidence that they have started the process to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy and their Federal ID Number as evidence of ownership or lease of the property for which they are requesting service.


Deposits on new residential accounts are $100 for property owners, or $200 for rental or leased properties. Manufactured/mobile home owners who have their home on a rented lot must pay the $200 deposit.

The deposit may be waived if you can provide a letter of credit from your former electric utility showing that you have not been delinquent on your utility bill more than twice in the most recent 12 months of service. If you have not had consecutive 12 months service with one utility company, we can combine the payment history.

Temporary Service

Temporary service for new construction can be set up by the builder or contractor providing they have a valid building permit from the City of Claremore.

There is a $10 connection fee for temporary electric service.